Garage Door Guy is the leading and fastest growing garage door company in Southwest Missouri. This has been possible only due to the amazing people that make up our company. We are currently looking for gifted individuals to join our team as Service Technicians.
The Service Technician will perform garage door installations, repairs, and maintenance on residential garage doors and light duty commercial doors. Work assignments are made by our office dispatchers and will include, but are not limited to, new and replacement installations of garage doors and openers, repair or replacement of garage door springs and motors, spring system conversions, basic maintenance, weather seal replacement, and other common repairs. The right candidate will be mechanically and technically inclined and have the ability to troubleshoot, be able to take payment on our products and services, and possess the interpersonal skills to thrive in this customer service-focused position.
To the right Garage Door Service Technician, we offer:
- Base pay plus commission
- $1500 sign-on bonus to be paid in equal increments quarterly over the first year of employment
- Pay rate based on experience
- Consistent work
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Life Insurance after 90 days
- Company vehicle and tablet
- Paid training
- Paid uniforms with weekly cleaning
- $300 yearly tool allowance
- 80 hours PTO after 90 days
- Great work environment
- More to come!
Duties and Responsibilities for the Garage Door Service Technician:
- Respond to work assignments and tasks as directed by Manager/Office Dispatcher
- Review Work Order information for accuracy and completeness
- Maintain payment logs and collect payment per company procedures
- Pick-up inventory and ensure truck is (re)stocked with appropriate service material, including tools
- Install garage doors and motors with a high level of professionalism
- Inspect garage doors, openers and related components; diagnose problems; replace or repair parts; install new motors; test and make adjustments; and document all recommended and completed repairs per company policy
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Data entry within company software.
Requirements for the Garage Door Service Technician:
- Minimum 1-3 years experience preferred, but willing to train the right person
- Mechanical aptitude, including skill in using a variety of hand and power tools, accurately reading a tape measure, and interpreting equipment manuals
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and high quality standards
- Strong computer skills, be able to quickly learn new software and be comfortable working on a tablet
- Possesses sales skills/experience
- Physically able to move items weighing 80-120 lbs. and the ability to bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc. for extended periods
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Background check and drug screen a condition of employment.
Garage Door Guy, LLC conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, drug screen, clean driving record, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check. Employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States.
To apply for this position, please fill out and submit the form below. Thank you!