Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18-$30 an hour
We are looking for a motivated Garage Door Technician to join our company. As our technician, you will be responsible for the sales and service of residential and custom garage doors. Technicians will travel to various service calls throughout the day. Each day will be different, as our company provides service and sales of new products and services. You will be interacting with customers daily throughout our service areas.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be organized, efficient, and have practical problem-solving skills. You will be interacting with our customers daily and having patient and respectful behavior is a must as you are representing our Garage Door company.
(This list may not include all the duties assigned)
- Assemble mechanical components or machine parts.
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Order replacement springs, sections, or slats.
- Repair or replace worn or broken door parts using hand tools.
- Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair.
- Remove parts or components from equipment.
- Install hardware or other interior fixtures.
- Fabricate parts or components.
- Run wiring to connect equipment.
- Lubricate equipment to allow proper functioning.
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure its functioning properly.
- Document operational activities.
- Collect payments for goods or services.
Basic Position Requirements:
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills.
- Physically able to move items weighing 75lbs or higher.
- Able to bend, climb, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Possess interpersonal skills to relate to customers and solve issues.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with others under any type of condition.
- Ability to multitask with different, and sometimes conflicting events happening at the same time.
- Ability to relay information in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be persuasive with customers when necessary.
- Reliable and self motivated.
- Customer service (Preferred).
- Door hanging (preferred).
- 2 years (preferred).
- Must have minimum of 2 years experience in the Garage Door Industry.
- Knowledge of computers and tablet use.
- Knowledge in google search, and navigation systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of hand tools, mechanical tools, and garage door experience is a plus, but not required.
- GED, High School Diploma, or suitable equivalent.
- The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace.
- Must be able to work potentially longer than a 10 hour day depending on call volume.
- The job environment is fast paced and results oriented.
- Be able to drive a company vehicle and possess a valid driver license.
- Must pass Drug test, Background check and Motor Vehicle check.
- Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Hand tools and mechanical tools.
- GPS equipment.
- PTO/Sick Time.
- Health, Dental, Life, Vision Insurance.
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule.
- Health Savings Account.
- Retirement Plan.
- 10 hour shifts.
- On call.
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay.